Glitter

Everybody has their stories

Their quirks and mannerisms

Ideologies that change with time,

And ones that define them,

So, do we fall in love with who they are in this moment?

Or do we love who they could be?

And if change is the only constant 

Aren’t we bound to do the same?

So if I choose you in this moment

Will I love who you are tomorrow?

Will you love me? Or whoever the next decade brings?

I think I would fight for you through it all

Through time and change

Whoever you wake up and choose to be

Because I don’t simply love you

I’ve been consumed by your soul

And you are beautiful, inside out

Chock-full of glitter, adhering to everything unconsenting 

And even if we never make it

I’ll find sparkling traces of you through my whole life

For all the time to come.


                                       --Ananya Murali

Comments

Popular Posts