Cosmic me

There is a place where I stood for far too long, staring at the night sky.

It was the first time I fell in love with life, the first time I held my breath hoping to stop time.

I'm sure that was the first time I ever looked up to see what I was missing.

I fell in love with the night sky, an unconditional connection to the Moon.

Life will change its pace as it pleases and I'll forget myself in the relentless pursuit of my version of happiness.

But I'll look up again.

To see my night sky with the Moon and stars.

And our cosmic connection that only I can see.
And I'll be happy.
Just like I was that day so long ago. And I'll remember who I was and who I want to be,
because I told the stars to remind me.

                                        --Ananya Murali
                                                1-1-19

Comments

Popular Posts