Pink

I fall in love quickly and I fall out of love just as fast.
So please note, I must've loved you, even for the most fleeting moment. I loved you.
For one moment I thought I could spend forever loving you. Waking up to your smile, watching seasons pass us by with you by my side.
But love is hard. It's time and energy, patience and forgiveness. Effort that I don't have left in me to give.
What I do have is happiness.
Sunshine and cherry blossoms that seem to exist just for me.
A pink and yellow sky that wants me to wake up to warmth everyday.
Dew drops on the leaves and the smell of chocolate. The sound of laughter.
I fell in love with myself. Took longer than it should've, but here we are.
So, everything else can wait, it's my time in the Sun now.

                                    -- Ananya Murali

Comments

Popular Posts