Without you

I ran till my legs cried
My feet throbbed,
And my lungs gasped for air
My heart racing like a train,
I couldn't stop,
I couldn't turn around,
I wanted to run away,
I wanted to fly,
When I couldn't run anymore
And my legs gave up,
I sprawled myself on the ground
And stared at the sky,
Why was it so hard?
Why couldn't I stop feeling this,
This hollow gaping chasm
Screaming your name,
Telling me to find you again
Why was it so hard?
To feel it again
The thrill of running
When it felt like we were flying
Was it just you?
Was it all because of you?
Because I can't feel it anymore
But I felt every fibre of my being,
Every pulse and every heartbeat,
When I was with you.
Teach me how to fly again,
Teach me how to live without you,
Because you are gone now
And all that's left is this sky,
Reaching out to the stars,
Hoping I can see them again,
Hoping I can love them again
Like you taught me to,
Panting and out of breath,
Here I stay,
Waiting to feel it again,
Waiting to feel alive again.


Comments

Popular Posts