Incandescent

Will you wait for me?
In the pouring rain,
outside my window
making my heart race

Will you chase me down,
Through the airport
To stop me from leaving
Telling me you can't let go

Will you think of me
Everytime you see the stars,
Because I was the one
Who taught you to love them

Will you hold me close,
And kiss my forehead
When I can't be strong
And let the tears fall

Will you love me
Even when we're old and grey
With all the time in the world
To write the stories we never finished

Will you learn to live
Even when I'm gone.
For time has always been
And always will be short

There isn't much time left,
Before I go
And I want you to know
All that you don't.

We may never have a wedding
But I will always be yours.
We may never see the Paris' skyline,
But the stars will shine wherever.

I will always be in your soul
Basking in the warmth.
I will love you forever
Even when I'm gone

No one knows you like I do
So show the world who you are,
Let them fall in love with you
Just like you made me fall

Your future awaits you
So don't look back,
You never had to do any of it
I would've loved you no matter what

Let the roads light up
Take over the life that awaits
Your angel waits on your shoulder
Live for me and the life I never had

                      --Ananya Murali

Comments

Popular Posts