Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat come see my house

With your pretty smile 

and glowing orbs for eyes

I’ll cook my heart and serve it on a platter 

Promise me you won’t let it shatter

Aren’t you here to heal my soul?

My sanity fragile like a crystal bowl

And sometimes I look at you and see

Candy cane spirals for irises  

And wonder what you can see

If you’re even looking at me

Cheshire grin that drives me wild

Speak to me in riddles 

And I’ll wonder why

I stay even though I feel

Like you’re not really here for me

An additional character 

Who is Alice and why am I here

These are not my pages 

I belong in mine

But again you smile 

And I would rather stay here

In this alternative storyline 

Where my crystal heart is cradled 

Cheshire Cat says he’ll take care of me

And his fur is warm and pillowy 

Only Cheshire cat really was a pussy

Left me for Wonderland, 

now I write my story.

Comments

Popular Posts