Bullet

Dodged a bullet

Rusty, metaphorical

Would've bled me of sanity

Of time and energy

A slow sepsis into complete

And utter hostility

And when I thank the stars

I wonder if there truly is a guardian

Sparing me the bullshit that comes my way

Countless times a day

Or maybe it's just me

Maybe I've just learnt, from people

Disguised as lessons

And the ones I count as blessings

As crimson flags fanned my face

I closed my eyes to the breeze

A false sense of relief

Saw it coming and took a leap

Too long I'd been out of the game

thought my feet deserved the chase 

But I'd be a fool to stand in your way 

The path of a rusted bullet

Run along now

A wounded animal awaits

Longs for you to shoot it in the head

Thanks the stars for this reprieve

The highest praise

You could possibly receive.

                                         --Ananya Murali






Comments

Popular Posts