Sunday

Boundless joy in a bundle of joy

You came to me, tail wagging like a whip

Unsteady from uncontainable excitement 

Pure as dew, on a Sunday afternoon 

I don’t know how to let you go,

My love for you, unquantifiable

I will look for you in everything 

In chirping birds and honeybees,

I will treat them with the kindness 

And patience you taught me,

Innocence and curiosity, 

Thank you so much for loving me,

As you stumbled on another Sunday,

Unsteady from age, wisened whiskers and tail

letting us know you were still ready to play,

And try you did, even on your last day,

You made us a family, made our house a home

You left us as a bundle of joy,

Sleep forever my darling boy,

There’s a house I’ve built 

In the vast estate of my heart

Endless gardens for you to dig up

And we can lay on the fresh grass

Watching the sun come up,

And if you choose to come back to me

Come back however you can,

You can be a squirrel, munching on a peanut

Or a butterfly, just floating by

Maybe a kitten, with your brown eyes

Or come back as my child.




Comments

Popular Posts