Sneakers

I wore my shoes today,
Not the dainty heels that bruise easy,
The pink sneakers from the first time you saw me,
And you should know I'm ready to run,
Through the night for you,
Or miles away from you,
I can never tell,
But it feels like the perfect night,
To dance with my boy, butterflies,
Or maybe we can just sit tight,
While I play out the future in my head,
Every second that passes, further reassured,
that you could never truly love me,
And I'm ready to bid farewell,
Before I'm left walking home alone,
Listening to your song by myself,
Because there was you,
And there was me,
Never knew you truly,
So maybe you can hold me till this song ends,
And I'll leave without looking into your eyes,
Because you know I'd stay forever if there was the smallest chance,
Never would've worked, you never loved after her,
And I walked home alone anyway,
Listening to your song by myself,
Every second that passed, further reassured,
That I made the right decision,
Because all that will be is me.

                                  --Ananya Murali
        

Comments

Popular Posts