Old School Fool

Old school romantic fool
Play the vinyl and we can
slow dance in the living room
On the carpet with our shoes on
Everything tinted teal
Or peach or whatever the mood
I would write you letters
Scarves of silk and wool
Anything for you and your
Old school romantic rules
Play your grand piano 
In that hauntingly beautiful house
And I'll watch you, mesmerized
As notes echo off the walls
You are something else
Nothing I've ever felt
Polaroids of our gummy smiles
In your wallet, to look at each time
Down the street, our feet unsynced
Hum your favourite song and we
can walk to our own beat
The old school romantic blues
Dance with me under the crescent moon
Unaware of the world and everything
that I would give up for you
Play me one last song chéri
Close your eyes, hold me close
Before I wake from the trance
And the reality I'd briefly let go.


                                        --Ananya Murali

Comments

Popular Posts