Maybe eye

I miss the sound of silence.
You know, when you have no thoughts or music playing in your head.
I miss the state of thoughtlessness.
Or maybe there never was one.
Maybe I've just become aware of these thoughts over time.
Maybe I've always been like this, but I had a wall up and sat in a quiet corner. 
Never was one for confrontation.
Maybe I was always filled to the brim with ideas and questions.
Maybe I finally started looking for answers.
Maybe I was done being afraid of asking questions.
Maybe I was ready to hear my own voice.
Maybe I realized people just pretended to have all the answers.
Maybe I should've let them.
Because now I know there are some things I have no way of knowing.
There are questions people are incapable of answering.
Feels like I opened Pandora's box, and it's too late to go back. Don't know the way back either, forgot where we started.
Feels like I asked Atlas to give me the sky when I could've walked away.

                                           -- Ananya Murali

Comments

Popular Posts