Blue

I woke up today, to sunshine and empty silence.

How warmth could make you shiver, I never understood.

Your side of the bed is cold. Always is.

I could never move over, it would always be your side of the bed.
The one with the nightstand, because the world would end if your phone didn't charge.
We always hated that alarm on your nightstand.
The one you broke one morning when you didn't want to get up.
It still reads 7:32, so that's where I'll stay frozen today.

We'd wait till the Sun came to our window, and watch it rise and wake up the rest of the world. 

The pillow is still indented, I'm afraid it'll stop smelling like you.
Eventually.
I'm afraid I'll forget you, eventually.

Some days I don't want to leave this bed, it feels like you might still be here.
If I just stay here a little longer I might wake up from a terrible dream.
But I get up anyway, because I was always the less lazy one. 

Monday blues. Everything feels blue today. A blue cloud of sadness hangs in the air.

 I miss you more than usual. 
Guess I'll stay in bed and be lazy like you today. Wish I'd done this sooner.

I hope you're sleeping on a cloud, dreaming happy dreams.

I hope you're watching the Sun with me.

                                               -- Ananya Murali 

Comments

Popular Posts