I Remember

I still remember.
I still remember the first time I heard our song. It was playing on the radio in your car. The window was down, wind blowing through my hair. I remember how happy we were.
I still remember the first time we went to the lake next to our favourite camping spot. I can still feel how cold the water was, and we jumped in anyway.
I still remember how you sat next to me all night when I was sick. How worried you were, and the relief on your face to see me get better.
I still remember our song playing at the wedding, I wanted to stay in that moment forever. We were so tired but we couldn't stop dancing.
I still remember how we couldn't stop smiling when our daughter was born. Heart swelling with pride at the thought of our baby girl. We couldn't put her down for a second, scared that we'd miss out on anything she would do.
I wish that we could do it all again. Every adventure, every journey, every commitment all over again.
I wouldn't mind living my whole life again, if I could be with you.
Just a little longer, for a little more of our everlasting love to grow.
Thank you for a beautiful journey, an amazing experience. 
You are, without doubt, the epitome of a fulfilled life. I am so glad we found each other, because I can't picture my life without any of these memories with you.
Just know that I remember, I remember every bit of our wonderful life, and you were always loved.

Yours forever,
Me

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts