A Day In The Life Of A Watch


I wake up to the slap of a hand. I hear a groan and look up to a disappointed face. The person is late. Never have I ever woken up to a smiling face and been greeted with a gentle touch. In a hurry, I’m strapped on and head out. Sitting in the car, a face filled with fear glances at me. It’s only a few minutes before the man in the suit repeats his dialogue, “You’re late!”
We reach just in time to slip into the cubicle and pretend to be working. The face looks at me, but this time with relief. Wiping beads of sweat from its face, the person begins to work.
Stealing constant glances, the person smiles after a while, “It’s lunch time!”
After eating a full plate of food, another look of disappointment is thrown at me. Break time was over, time to work again. After a few hours a wide smile greeted my tired hands. It was time to head back to it’s home. With a tired smile on its face, it opened up its fridge to eat something. After staying up for a few hours, it reminded me to wake it up on time the next day. With that, it fell asleep and left me alone.  Yet another tired night. It was time to brace myself for the disappointment that the next day faced.



(This was written for my school magazine, but the magazine was cancelled. Its been in my computer since then and I decide to post it. Please comment and tell me what you think about it.)

Comments

  1. Ohhh sooo profound!! N well rytn keep up ur gud ryting !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts