Storms


Lately I’ve been finding comfort in the storm


Like a default setting


I wait for her to come around


In all her chaos and wreckage


Bringing so much change


Pills hard to swallow


Drowns me in lessons


Tells me she’ll always come back for me


Whenever I lose sight of myself


When all else fails and 


The leaves lose all meaning


The flowers dry and dreary


She will come back to take everything away


To start over from scratch


New buds prop up through the wet mud


It smells like the day I fell in love


With her again


And I remember what love should feel like


I say my thanks to the passing storm


And bow my head in loving respect


To the gentle fury of nature


Forever humbling me.


                                    --Ananya Murali




“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”


― Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore


Comments

Popular Posts